Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fran 4:33

Fundies graduation was:
Fran
21, 15, 9
Thruster
Pull-ups

Okay, but I only had 25lbs on for the Thruster and I completed Jumping Pull-ups. Still a workout beyond insane. I finished, graduated and am on to the "real" classes. Oh joy.

Today, we learned how to execute a split jerk. I remember watching the Olympic competition on the clean and jerk earlier in the week so it was pretty inspiring to learn how to properly do this. Well, I haven't quite perfected this, I just did it. With 45 lbs on my bar.

Wow.

We did 7x2 on the "most" weight we could do. Yikes! Sometimes I get frustrated with my inability to withstand more weight, but I remind myself of the baby steps necessary to achieve.

Strength.
Split Jerk 7×2

Met-Con.
AMRAP 12:
15 KB Swings (2 pd/1.5 pd-I used 3/4 pd)
50′ Overhead Weighted Walking Lunge (45#/25#)
15 Wall Ball (20#/16#-I used 10#)
50′ Overhead Weighted Walking Lunge


I am quickly learning that my muscles can withstand much more than I give them credit for. Today I did overhead lunges with a 25lb weight and used the 10lb wall ball-way more than I thought I would be able to use this close to starting the program. I guess strength training for the last two weeks has really helped me. I need to have more confidence in my abilities. Kazusa has really encouraged me to push myself to go farther. It's nice to have a female coach in the program.

Learning all these new strategies on training will really help me out with my runners this marathon season. I am really excited to try some of this new stuff out with the youngsters. I am also thinking about ways to have them work as teams for training. Oh the possibilities.

For my snack yesterday, I made myself some spinach parmesan dip. It was incredibly delicious! I had to put it away to prevent myself from eating it all.

Here is the recipe (I found it on Pinterest and modified it for what I like-more cheese and more garlic):

10 oz fresh spinach chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cloves fresh garlic minced
1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 stalk green onion, sliced
salt and pepper (to taste)

Preheat oven to 370 degrees

Stir all ingredients together, pour in oven safe bowl, bake for 25-30 minutes or until there is a nice golden brown brown crust around the edges.

This serves as many people as can eat it. Not a very good paleo option, but delicious nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment