Thursday, July 26, 2012

Habits

The fundamentals course is 5 workouts (5 days) long. It used to be 2 weeks long. I think I would have preferred the 2 weeks, it is after about 2-3 weeks that we start developing habits. I am going to make it a habit to attend a minimum of 4 days a week after fundies (for the month)-the 5th day will be for my long runs. I do have a marathon to train for, after all.

There was an awesome Aristotle quote today on the white board in the box “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” I really want to remember this when living my life.

Everything that we say and do defines us-it builds our character. I want to be remembered as someone who stayed true to their word and gave everything she had, no matter what the situation. I held myself up (sort of) on the rings today. Very proud of myself. One step closer to (and a little bit stronger for) that pull up. I can't be judged by what others do, but what *I* can do, with my abilities. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment