Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The universe heard me

I spent this past weekend attached to the Twitter feed about the CrossFit Regionals for Southern California. Watching these women compete with amazing statistics was amazing.

I couldn't wait to get back to the box on Monday for another exciting day of....whatever was in store.

When I saw Monday's WOD (30 Burpee Muscle Ups) and then the scaled set for muscles ups (1MU=3 pull ups) I was very excited! I would practice completing scaled pull ups all workout! This would be perfect in my quest to eventually complete "Helen" without a resistance band.

I should be careful what I wish for:
I purchased a set of gloves online over the weekend, because I was worried that my "lady-like" hands would eventually take a beating. I didn't think that beating would come in the form of a total of 90 pull ups within 16 minutes on Monday. Needless to say, the gloves are still in the mail and I am typing this with painful pulled blisters (and bandages full of neosporin) on each hand.

I'm supposed to work on rope climbing today. I guess I'll make a quick stop at the store and pick up some tape for my blisters. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment