Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Who's ready for the Zombie Apocalypse?

I woke up this morning and everything hurt. It hurt to sit and pee, hurt to move around in the bed, hurt to walk down my stairs, hurt to move. I woke up to the earthquake at 3:18 this morning and my body hurt so much to move. My only thought was, "please don't shake anymore, I don't want to get out of my bed."

Reluctantly, I got up a couple of hours later and got ready to take my dogs out for a walk. Did I mention I still do my ritual morning walk (it's only a walk right now) before the workout? Two miles today. That hurt too. But it helps with the lactic acid buildup and with soreness.

I popped a couple of ibuprofin and got on my way to day 3 of Crossfit Fundies. The warm up was really cool, burpees, lunges, caterpillar crawls, broad jumps (burpees and broad jumps), and of course our dumpster run.

I learned how to do a power clean (weak sauce 35lb) but I got an "atta girl!" out of my form-I think it was because I almost cried out of fear, knowing that I had to pick up that weight to my collar bone. Yikes!

The wall ball was super fun, I wanna get one of those for my house. I need to practice. Our workout was running, lots of reps of hang power cleans and wall balls, and more running. It was mostly using legs, so the workout wasn't too bad.

Adan also gave us a quick lecture on "What is Crossfit?" (quickly defined as "constantly varied, functional movements performed at high intensity") and it certainly inspired me to continue this training. I have to check myself and remember, I am a marathoner and I need to get in long runs, too. Although it would nice to be physically fit *in case* there really is a zombie apocalypse sometime in the near future.

I'm eating oatmeal with 1 tbsp of Nutella, banana and 1 tbsp of peanut butter-all mixed together. Takes five minutes to make. No need for additional sugar, add a pinch of cinnamon and mix.

I have a left over half chicken wrap from the California Chicken Cafe that I will be eating for lunch...in about 2 hours. That's how fast my metabolism is working this week. Insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment