Tuesday, July 24, 2012

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, TIME!

I wasn't so apprehensive driving up to the box today. I was looking forward to what was in store for the workout. My shoulders are in pain. Not bad pain, good pain that I know will go away once I keep working those particular muscles. Pain that I like to feel after an awesome two hour run. My legs crave this sensation. I also used my marathon trick and took some ibuprofin before going in to the workout. Just keeping it real. :)

I greeted my fellow "fundies" peeps and we headed in for another galvanizing workout. They were aching as much as me (I don't think they liked the feeling as much as I do....but I can't read minds).

We did a dumpster run (400 m-to the dumpster and back) and started our warm ups. More push ups, squats, bear crawls, leg lifts, high knees, butt kicks...I fell on my chest when I tried to do the bear crawls from putting so much weight on my shoulders after the push ups. I laughed out loud, got up and tried to keep going, slower. I crack myself up.

We also did 500 meters of rowing (on the only exercise machine in the box). That was fun.

Adan then taught us how to properly do a hang power snatch, a power snatch and a burpee. I remember learning how to do a hang power snatch from my friend, the trainer, back in the day. It came back to me when I had the bar above my head. I hear that stance is the most technical part of lifting weights. One wrong move and those weights are coming down-with your arms. I practiced that stance until Adan stopped saying "not bad" and "better" and started saying, "good"....I need more help on that one. But I have hope! (That's not me, it's a photo I found on the internet of a woman with excellent form).

Did I ever tell you that I love you, burpee? (Covers face in shame...not really).

Todays WOD was 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
*Hang Power Snatch
*Burpees

I rocked that. It was electrifying. I didn't even think about my shoulders hurting or how much I pain I knew I was going to be in later. I called time after the last burpee and gave a big shout...as if I finished a half marathon in record time. Another guy was struggling at the other end of the box...I went into coach mode and went to cheer him on. He was half way finished so I counted for him. He did 5, 4, 3 and Adan called time. I hope that guy comes back. He had a perfect stance for the hang power snatch .

I ate two chorizo con huevo tacos and hash browns with my coffee. Maybe I'll take some more ibuprofin in a bit, too. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment